With the popularization and application of the global positioning system (GPS) technology, GPS jammers have become more and more common in our lives. Although the GPS jammer has a certain legal use, such as interference communication equipment in the military field, it is also used by some criminals to implement criminal activities, such as interference drones and navigation equipment. Therefore, the analysis of the radio frequency interference distance and strength of the GPS jammer becomes very important to better understand its role and harm.
Principles of RF jammer
The GPS interference is interfered with the normal operation of the GPS device by transmitting a RF signal of a specific frequency. The satellite signals received by the radio frequency signal and the GPS device were interfered, making the GPS device unable to accurately locate and navigate. Under normal circumstances, the GPS jammer emit signals of the same frequency as the GPS receiver to confuse its receiving process.
Factors of radio frequency interference distance
The radio frequency interference distance of the RF jammer is affected by various factors, including transmitting power, antenna gain, terrain conditions, and surrounding environment. Below we will analyze the effects of these factors on the distance between RF interference.
1. Launch power: The larger the transmitting power, the farther the interference distance of the radio frequency jammer. Generally speaking, the transmitting power range of the GPS jeopher is between 10MW and 1W. In a specific environment, when the transmitting power of the GPS jammer reaches 1W, the radio frequency interference distance can reach hundreds of meters.
2. Atenna gain: antenna gain refers to the radiation range of the antenna. The larger the antenna gain, the farther the interference distance of the radio frequency jammer. Under normal circumstances, GPS jammers usually use high -gain antennas to enhance the radiation capacity of interference signals.
3. Topen conditions: Terrain conditions also have a certain impact on the distance of radio frequency interference. For example, if the GPS jammer is used on a flat ground, the transmission distance of the radio frequency signal will be far away; and the transmission distance of the radio frequency signal will be hindered in the mountains or urban areas.
4. The surrounding environment: The physical obstacles of the surrounding environment will also affect the radio frequency interference distance. For example, buildings, trees, mountains, etc. will weaken the dissemination ability of radio frequency signals, thereby reducing the radio frequency interference distance.
Measurement and analysis of radio frequency interference intensity
In order to understand the radio frequency interference intensity of the GPS jammer, we need to perform corresponding measurement and analysis. Under normal circumstances, the following two methods can be measured and analyzed by radio frequency interference intensity.
1. Electromagnetic field strength measurement: Electromagnetic field intensity measurement is a commonly used measurement method. The strength of the radio frequency interference can be evaluated by measured the electromagnetic field strength of the interference signal received by the measurement device. Generally speaking, the measurement device will display the receiving signal strength in DBM. The larger the value, the stronger the value, the stronger the interference signal.
2. Signal ratio measurement: The signal -to -noise ratio measurement can be used to evaluate the ratio between the satellite signals received by the GPS device and the interference signal. Generally speaking, the lower the signal -to -noise ratio, the stronger the interference signal. By measuring the signal -to -noise ratio displayed on the device, the interference intensity of the radio frequency jammer can be evaluated.
Based on the above two measurement methods, the radio frequency interference intensity of the GPS jammer can be obtained, and the degree of impact on GPS devices is further analyzed.
Copy and defense of GPS jammers
Considering the harm of the GPS jammer, we need to take some measures to protect the normal work of GPS devices. Here are some common response and defense measures:
1. Use frequency scanner: Frequency scanner can be used to scan the frequency environment around the surrounding, including whether there is a GPS jammer. Through timely obtaining the frequency information of the interference device, corresponding measures can be taken to reduce interference.
2. Frequency offset technology: Some GPS devices have frequency shift technology, which can make the frequency of satellite signal received by the receiving signal and interference signal frequency, thereby reducing the impact of interference.
3. Use of the transmitting power detector: The transmitting power detector can be used to detect the transmitting power of the jeem, and timely discover and take corresponding measures in time.
4. Strict regulations and access regulations: Strengthen the management of GPS jams, and formulate stricter regulations and access regulations to reduce the abuse of GPS jammers.
Through the above defense measures, the possibility of interference from GPS equipment can be effectively reduced to ensure its normal work and application.
The radio frequency interference distance and intensity of the GPS interference is affected by many factors. Factors such as transmitting power, antenna gain, terrain conditions, and surrounding environment will affect the distance and intensity of radio frequency interference. You can evaluate the interference strength of the radio frequency jammer through electromagnetic field strength measurement and signal -to -noise ratio measurement. In order to protect the normal work of GPS devices, we need to take corresponding response and defense measures, including the use of frequency scanners, frequency shift technology, the use of transmitting power detector, and formulating strict regulations and access regulations. Only in this way can we better protect the normal work and application of GPS devices, while reducing the abuse of GPS jammers.